Thursday, April 9, 2009

A promise is a promise.

Carson has been asking me to teach him how to make a slide show. I told him that it would be our spring break project. Today was that day; and it took all day! We decided to showcase his pictures from his 7 year-old birthday party, using Windows Movie Maker. This is good for us. To have some sort of documentation of the events in our lives. I'm not a scrapbooker (insert audible gasp!) I won't impose my philosophy on that, not here, not now. But I do love photos, and creativity...so I needed another option. This seems to be the perfect way to capture the emotions and energy of that special day.



Carson did most of this himself even the typing and spelling. I did help him find the music. He chose 'Science' for the theme of his party, which is appropriate since that consumes every waking thought for him. His favorite question posed to me on a daily basis is, "mom, what should I invent now?" A gallery of inventions will be a follow-up blog post, I promise. I need some way of cataloging the chaos that fills the art room/science lab.

2 comments:

  1. That is the coolest birthday party I have ever seen! How fun! Great job on the slide show Carson. Very neat experiments. Thank you for explaining them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Taylor would LOVE to have a science party. I may call you in November for a complete list of all the party details (although I could probably figure it out from the slide show). Well done on the slide show, Carson. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete