This is the first of many posts about our adventures in Costa Rica. Today's post will be short and sweet, since I've spent all my time fussing over layouts, titles and font size, a test run if you will. I'll make my once private blog public for a short time, so that those who find the little ins and outs of living in a different country fascinating, can follow along. Within these posts I'm not going to promise pristine beaches and leisure laden days, but rather the day to day culture, noise and city life of San Jose. It's been such a learning experience so far for our family and we'd love to share our adventures for those who want to read along.
The photos that you're viewing in this post, are that of the eucalyptus deglupta or rainbow eucalyptus. Richard and I went for an exploratory walk on the campus of Universidad de Costa Rica and came across these glorious specimens. I had seen some pictures of such trees when researching Costa Rica before we left for our trip. I had assumed that the photos I saw on the web must have been digitally enhanced, that someone had turned up the saturation so that the colors appeared more vibrant. Well let me tell you, orange, green, pink and purple are the tree's true colors. The outer bark is shed revealing a bright green that when exposed to the elements, and time, change to produce maroon and orange, and even blue! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_deglupta What a creative Creator we have to come up with such an imaginative display.



No comments:
Post a Comment