Thursday, March 22, 2012

In the mood to WRITE the wrong

Guilt is a great motivator. At times (like now) it is a necessary evil. I have been admonished to write about my life, and I've only ever been sporadic at best. If someone was to actually read my collected works they would wonder if I ever found life beyond being a mooning love-struck teenager. Finding the time is really not the problem. I waste enough of it on trivial pursuits. I always have a running dialogue in my head anyway, and I might as well capture some of it in black and white so that I can touch that someone in a future generation that will receive solace, laughter, strength or all three in my words. That all sounds very self promoting and egotistical, but I'm going to try to pry back a little bit of my filter so that some of how I really feel can come through; and that is how I really feel, egotistical or no.

    I've also struggled about what the premise of this blog should be. Most blogs I've read by mom's in my circumstance are about family milestones and everyday. I love reading up on how my friends have planned and prepared, traveled and traversed. This blog will alter from that path slightly, again at the risk of being self-gratifying these entries will primarily be about me and the natural flow of how my family completes the pieces of who I am. This in no way means that I view my family as a tiered pedestal with me at the pinnacle, no I believe we're all on the same cake stand...but I can't always speak for them, and they don't always get to hear me over the loud roar of the everyday, "timetowakeup-eatyourchores-brushyourhomework-practicetimeforbed-didyouforgetyourframeofmind". Here is a place where, at their leisure and when they want to, they can find out who I am and what I think of them. I do love them that much.

  So, here we go. Get ready for me. I'll be making selected appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment