Monday, October 26, 2009

Foliaged Again!

The Trees have been ablaze with colour* this year! Despite my sickly state, (H1N1 has reared its ugly head at our house) I put Wesley down for a nap and took a walk down our street, capturing some of the fire that was alight in our neighborhood trees. I was afraid that in the days to come the vibrant shades would begin to fade. Heavenly Father does amazing work!



I always try to capture our street, alive with fall's color, every year.



It always amazes me that our trees turn from green to yellow in a matter of days.



This is looking up into the trees in our yard. I warmed the color up just a bit, because the camera just didn't seem to capture the sun-drenced yellow that was streaming through the branches. This I think, barely does it justice.


* colour-I wanted to use this spelling, because in this case I felt "color" just fell flat from the richness of hues I was trying to express.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your street is just gorgeous. I love the fall. Thank you for posting your beautiful pictures. The single maple leaf is very pretty. Is that one from your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say, I am so sorry you have been sick. Did you all get it? That sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin, Yes, the leaf is from one of our two Maple trees by the side of our house. We've all had the sickies spanning a time period of about 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping this means we're done for the season,

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I'm so sorry you guys got IT. Yuck and no fun! I hope you all get over it quickly and have good hearty immune systems for the rest of the winter. Second, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful fall with me! You got some amazing pictures. You're so talented. We have a lot of trees here but they don't really change color. I hear the leaves will just kind of die and fall off as a yucky brown leaf. I miss the beautiful colours of Iowa fall. (I love the way you write and your attention to detail - colour instead of color - nice touch!)

    In other news, I may be visiting Iowa next month! I'll let you know for sure if I make it and we'll definitely have to get together. Take care I miss you tons! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete